Monroe Theatre Guild is governed by a dedicated Board of Directors comprised of the business people, educators, and arts advocates who have a love for our local community because they reside in it. They share a common passion for theatre, strive to bring arts opportunities to the community, and ignite interest in theatre arts among the community's youth!
board job description
The Board will support the work of Monroe Theatre Guild and provide mission-based and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by the Facilities Manager, the Board - Facilities Manager relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
Leadership, Governance, and Oversight
- Approving MTG's budgets, reports, and material business decisions; being informed and meeting all legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Serving on committees and taking on special assignments
- Assisting in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Interpret the organization's work, represent the organization, and act as a spokesperson.
- Participate in fundraising activities
- Attend at least 75% of board meetings, committee meetings, and special events sponsored by MTG.
- Volunteer for 2 performances per year.
- Serve a minimum of one 3-Year Term